Alumni Association Of Jamia Millia Islamia, Bihar Chapter
Alumni Association of Jamia Millia Islamia (AAJMI), Bihar Chapter is established by ex – Jamiaites belonging to or residing in Bihar State, India. It is founded in the year 2018 and formally registered on 29th November 2018 under Societies Registration Act, 1860 with Registration Department, Government Bihar. It has been formed with the motto “Payback to the Community” through learnings, skills and resources.
That aims to see the members from lower strata particularly from deprived sections and the marginalized to the stage where ex – Jamiates are today after acquiring quality education. There are following factors which lead to its establishment: –
- Presence of a significant number of ex-Jamiaites in the state of Bihar, yet they are unaware of one another;
- Need for a common platform to facilitate and encourage networking among the Jamiates;
- Endeavour to take welfare initiatives for the deprived sections of society and the marginalized communities facing challenges in getting social justice, accessibility to the resources and living with dignity provided by the law of the land.
Our mission is to empower the members from deprived sections of societies and the marginalized communities by creating awareness amongst them about their social and constitutional rights and getting them benefitted from the government schemes by facilitating their smooth implementation. This will ultimately result in members acquiring higher education leading their presence in the mainstream.
- To facilitate a positive interaction, cooperation, coordination, and networking amongst the alumni of the Alma Mater.
- To highlight the historic role of the Alma Mater and its founding fathers in the Indian freedom struggle, and to promote its original and current goals.
- To work and care for marginalized section of the community and facilitate the processes of availing the resources leading them to acquire higher education and well-being.
- Organize lectures and workshops under the guidance and supervision of Sr. faculty members and Alumni available in Bihar with demonstrated expertise in specific fields.
We rely upon our core values emanating from the habits inculcated by the campus environment of Jamia Millia Islamia. The values are:
- Care for others